Develop your own system call
Help up make new system calls
If you are a good programmer, you may be able to help us program new system calls that grab live info from the web, play games, or do other stuff. These mini programs can be programed in c/c++/perl for linux machines. We can help you adapt your favorite command line program for the bots!
System Call Basics
- Programmed in Perl, C/++, or other linux compatible programming lang.
- Command line only execution, no interaction.
- Info can be saved between executions in form of a "cookie"
- Other info can be passed as a parameter
- URL grabbing can be done w/ wget
- output can be plain text or html fragments
Simple Example: Reverse
# reverse the word in an input string
# take input, split words, reverse list and print out
print join(" ", reverse split(/ /, $ARGV));
then, this program would be submitted to us and approved as a new system call.
Once implemented, it could be executed like so:
ASK: reverse *
REPLY: <system>reverse <star></system>
user: reverse can you speak backwards
bot: backwards speak you can